Skip to content


Home / Disability Support / Equipment

Financial Support for Disability Equipment

If you have an injury, disability or impairment, and you need some form of assistive equipment, you might be able to get funding towards the cost of equipment, or to have it loaned to you on a long-term basis.

If you have had an accident, then you might have a claim that is covered by ACC.  Click here to go to ACC’s website about getting aids and equipment.

If your disability is not due to an injury then Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People can provide equipment for people who have a physical, intellectual, sensory (vision or hearing), or an age-related disability.  You will need to have an assessment with an EMS assessor such as an occupational therapist, physiotherapist, speech-language therapist, optometrists, or audiologists to find out if you're eligible.

Buying Guides

Compare products

{"one"=>"Select 2 or 3 items to compare", "other"=>"{{ count }} of 3 items selected"}

Select first item to compare

Select second item to compare

Select third item to compare