The Independent Living Mobile Service is a unique service for the Auckland region, making it easier for you to access information and equipment in your local community.
Independent Living are Auckland’s largest retailer of mobility products, from Scooters and walkers through to small things like bottle openers and dressing aids, but our primary purpose is to help people retain mobility as they age or their health declines.
Part of our service is free community presentations – where our trained Assistive Technology Mentor visits community groups and retirement villages. These entertaining, educational and informative mobility presentations offer handy advice on remaining independent.
We’ll demonstrate daily aids that make opening cans, cooking, eating, cleaning and dressing that much easier, right through to the big things that make getting in and out of beds or chairs easier. We can also check walking sticks and walkers are the correct height and safe.
Our Mobile Service visits retirement villages and clubs or interest groups with older or disabled members. We come to your place and will present information about mobility issues, the things you can do to help with mobility - and recommend products and services that will help make life easier, reduce the need for assistance and enable more independence.
From Pukekohe in the South, to Wellsford in the North and from the West to the East Coasts.
The benefits for attendees:
- Impartial and entertaining information and demonstrations of a range of equipment.
- We discuss different mobility / assistive aids and how to choose the right one.
- Free walking stick and walker frame checks to ensure the height is right for the owner.
- The opportunity to try different products, and ask any questions.
The benefits for your organisation:
- An entertaining and informative presentation and demonstration of direct relevance to your residents / members.
- We organise everything, you just need to provide the venue, tea and coffee.
- Provides the opportunity to find out about products and services your staff and residents / members might not have known about that assist everyday living.
- We can provide posters or newsletter copy to help you inform your residents/members members of the event.
What you can expect:
- A unique guest speaker experience by our Mobility Ambassador and accredited Assistive Technology Mentor.
- A 30-minute presentation on simple and practical solutions to maintain independence.
- Up to date information and resources for community, disability and health organisations.
- Demonstration of assistive products and their benefits to continue to do the things you want to do.
- Walking stick and walker height and safety check.
How to book:
To make a booking or check availability, please send an email to Richard by clicking here.