Auckland Disability Law Online Legal Education Sessions
Register for ADL’s 2023 free online legal education sessions.
These introductory Zoom sessions are designed for Disabled and Deaf People and supporters. These sessions are about the law to do with employment and reasonable accommodations at work. The sessions are designed to be easy to understand.
Pre-employment & Disability Disclosure
Wednesday 15 March 2023, 10.00am – 11.00am
- When to tell an employer about your disability.
- What to tell an employer about your disability.
Register by 8 March 2023
Reasonable Accommodations & the Law
Tuesday 21 March 2023, 10.00am – 11.00am
- What are reasonable accommodations at work.
- Asking for the accommodations you need to do the job.
Register by 14 March 2023
To register give us your name, email address, contact phone number, and where you live, along with the date and name of the sessions you want to attend. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or text 027 457 5140, or call 09 257 5140 and leave a message.
Zoom and Access Needs
- These sessions will be delivered by video call on Zoom. You can access Zoom on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer. When you register, more information will be sent to you about how to use Zoom.
- There will be a handout which will be sent to you ahead of the session(s).
- Please let us know if you require Word documents for your Braille reader or device.
- If you require NZSL interpreters, please advise us as soon as possible.
- You are welcome to have a support person or family member with you at the session. Please give us their name, number and email address too.
- Please let us know if you have any other access needs.
- Jos McKenzie