Home Modifications

Home Modifications

Where can I find out more information on getting my house modified?

If you have an impairment:
If you have a long-term impairment, aged under 65 and require housing modifications you may be eligible for government-funded services following a needs assessment from Taikura Trust, Auckland’s Needs Assessment and Service Coordination (NASC) agency. 

you are over 65 contact your local District Health Board (DHB).

If you are a builder:
The following publications may be helpful for architects and builders who build accessible homes, buildings and facilities: 

New Zealand Standards 4121:2001
New Zealand Standards Design for Access and Mobility - Buildings and Associated Facilities
This publication is now available free for download.

Where do I buy grab rails?
ILS has a range of grab rails to keep you safe in your home – ideal for bathrooms, stairways or entrances. View our range of safety grab rails.

Where can I get custom-made stainless steel handrails?
Central Auckland
Contact: Roy

Phone/Fax: 09 535 5677
Email: roynisa@xtra.co.nz


I struggle to get in and out of the bath, how do I go about making my bathroom accessible?
Wet area showers are becoming necessary as our population matures. For the inside story on how to go about transforming an inaccessible bathroom into a wet area shower contact us

Book seat
Multi grip opener
Contact Us

0800 625 100

Royal Oak Store

14 Erson Ave, PO Box 24 042,

Royal Oak, Auckland

Ph: 09 625 0322

Royal Oak Store Open:

Weekdays: 8:30am-5pm

Saturday: 9am-4pm

Botany Store

308 Te Irirangi Drive,

Botany South, Auckland

Ph: 09 281 5027

Botany Store Open:

Monday - Saturday: 9am-5pm

Browns Bay

89 Clyde Road,

Browns Bay, Auckland

Ph: 09 550 3387

Browns Bay Store Open:

Monday - Saturday: 9am-4.30pm